• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kotei
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Mar 2015

Sunday Sit with Washin - April 28th, 2024

Hello everyone,

I am thankful for your presence, for practicing together and supporting each other.
    Led by our Washin from Odessa, this coming Sunday, we will again be sitting for peace in the Ukraine and around the world.

Please check with the Treeleaf Practice Calendar for your local time, under the listing Sunday Sit (Zazen for Peace): https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

We meet in the Treeleaf Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr password if needed is << dogen >>

A livestream of the meeting can be found here:

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement and the Four Vows

All are welcome. Please, join us! No prior experience is required - just follow along - come sit with us.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.
  • Naiko
    • Aug 2019

Washin, thank you for your beautiful words this morning.

Naiko
    stlah

Comment

• Myojin
      • Feb 2023

Thank you Washin for the opportunity to sit with you, and for your words,

Something to take to heart, despite the understandable joy of the Ukrainian people at the receipt of regrettably needed weapons. To offer the alternative of peace, even in the midst of warfare, is invaluable, and hopefully a much more lasting gift.

Gassho

Myojin

-Sattlah
      Last edited by Myojin; 04-29-2024, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• Jundo
        Treeleaf Founder and Priest
        • Apr 2006

Russian missile hits educational institution, kills four in Ukraine's Odesa

A Russian missile attack on an educational institution in a popular seafront park in the Ukrainian Black Sea port of Odesa on Monday killed at least four people and injured 32, local officials said.

Regional governor Oleh Kiper, writing on the Telegram messaging app, said that in addition to those killed in the attack, one man died after suffering a stroke attributed to the assault.

Kiper said seven of the injured were in serious condition, including a four-year-old child. Among the injured were another child and a pregnant woman.

Reuters Television footage showed the roof of the ornate building, a private law academy, all but destroyed after the strike. Firefighters were directing water on small fires still burning actively. ...

... A student at the academy who identified herself by her first name, Maria, said the blaze was caused when the missile was intercepted. "In front of my eyes, a missile was shot down, this was just in front of me. My doors were blown open and the glass was shaking. And then I saw this," she told Reuters, pointing to the burning building. ... Ukrainian navy spokesperson Dmytro Pletenchuk, in a posting on a military Telegram channel, said the strike was conducted by an Iskander-M ballistic missile with a cluster warhead. Those missiles are harder to intercept.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...sa-2024-04-29/
        ... Our hearts are with all victims today ...
        ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Kotei
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Jundo

... Our hearts are with all victims today ...

Gassho,
          Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
          Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Comment

• Jundo
            • Apr 2006

An educational institution known as 'Harry Potter castle' burns after a Russian missile strike in Odesa, Ukraine

Dramatic video footage of the attack, released by the office of Ukraine’s Prosecutor General, showed dozens of bomblets exploding within seconds of each other in an area close to the seafront.

A day of mourning has been declared in the Ukrainian port city of Odesa after a Russian missile strike killed five people and left 32 other injured.The Russi...

Other videos and pictures shared by officials showed flames engulfing the cone-shaped towers and roof of an educational institution known locally as “Harry Potter castle” due to its resemblance to a Scottish baronial pile.

Ukrainian authorities believe Russia used an Iskander ballistic missile and cluster munitions to carry out the attack.

“Metal fragments and missile debris were recovered within a 1.5 km (nearly 1 mile) radius from the attack site,” Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Andriy Kostin said. He added that “the investigation has grounds to believe” the Russian military used cluster munitions with the intention of inflicting large number of casualties.
            ... May the violence end.

It was a law school, intended as a place of civilization and solving differences peacefully.

Last edited by Jundo; 05-03-2024, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Jundo
              • Apr 2006

Sunday Sit with Washin - May 5th, 2024

Another day ...

Missile strikes postal depot in Ukraine's Odesa, 14 injured, regional governor says

May 1 (Reuters) - A Russian ballistic missile struck a postal depot in the Ukrainian port of Odesa late on Wednesday, injuring 14 people and triggering a large fire, Regional Governor Oleh Kiper said.

It was the third missile attack on the city in as many days.

Kiper, writing on the Telegram messaging app, said one of the injured required hospital treatment. The head of the Nova Poshta postal and courier company, Volodymyr Popereshniuk, said on Facebook that all 18 employees on duty had made their way safely to a bomb shelter before the missile hit a loading section of the depot.

Comment

• Washin
                Treeleaf Unsui
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Jundo
                Another day ...

This one happened just a few blocks away from my place again. It seemed that the apartment walls would collapse
                because of the hit wave. Later, I saw a glow of fire half the sky, so massive it was. Just sharing my feelings from observation.

We are warned to be particularly cautious and mindful of every air alert these days, til May 9th at least,
                as more series of hits are expected to come.

Gassho
                Washin
                st/lah
                Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
                Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
                ----
                I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
                and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

Working...